HEALTHY & QUICK
These Kung Pro Taco Boats are great even of you aren’t trying to watch the waist line, but if you are, these are a no brainer!
This is like, lettuce wraps, meets tacos, meets salad, meets asian! It has the right hint of spice, the perfect crunch and you won’t even believe these are healthy.
My family can’t get enough of these! Clean, healthy, low carb, what more can you ask for?
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- ½ cup white onion, diced
- 1lb ground turkey
- 3 TBS low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS sriracha
- 1 TBS peanut butter powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup canned water chestnuts, diced
- 3 of each sweet baby bell peppers (red, yellow, orange)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in skillet and add onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add ground turkey to skillet and cook until partially browned.
- Add soy sauce, honey, sriracha, peanut butter powder, garlic, sesame oil, vinegar,
- red pepper flakes and water chestnuts to turkey. Let simmer for 10 minutes or until
- turkey is cooked and sauce has been reduced.
- While turkey is cooking, place sweet bell peppers in a skillet over high heat until
- blackened on all sides. When finished, dice and toss with lime juice. Set aside.
- Take full romaine leaf, fill with kung pao turkey filling. Top with peppers, green
- onions and peanuts.