So many of you have asked for the cheap & easy version of our White Chili and here it is!
Costs as little as $12!!! We competed a couple years ago at The World Food Championships with this White Chili and it scored very high.
Above is a picture right before we turned our tray in! Unfortunately our red chili that year scored extremely low so we didn’t place, but, we still make this white version all the time and it is so delicious!
That last photo was our original version and now we have a super easy version for you! This new white chili was created for the Walmart program that I am a part of call Food Champ Recipe Club. I have traveled to many Walmarts teaching tips, tricks and recipes to folks just like you, maybe we will see each other one day! If you don’t already know, Walmarts Great Value brand is very affordable and quality products. This whole recipe I used Great Value products which make the cost under $15! WOW! And if you already have all the spices its even cheaper.
Our original recipe we called a Meat & Three White Chili. The base is like a cheesy potato, with chicken, corn and black eyed peas, you guys this is so good, your guests will be wowed! And, its all made in one pot which is great for easy clean up.
If you guys make this we would love to see it! You can tag our youtube channel page on instagram @theboslifetv or myself @darcibos. Enjoy!!!
- 2 TBS butter
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups Great Value chicken broth
- 1 pkg Great Value 4 cheese instant potatoes
- 1 jar Great Value white queso
- 1 can Great Value black eyed peas
- 1 can Great Value sweet corn
- 2 cans great Value applewood smoked chunk chicken
- 1 tsp each salt, oregano, cumin, garlic powder
- (optional 1 tsp white pepper)
- Great Value bacon pieces (found in condiments isle)
- Green onions
- Saute butter, onions and bell pepper. Cook until onions are clear.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add in instant potatoes and stir until coated and thickened. Stir in queso, black eyed peas, corn, chicken, & seasoniongs.
- Simmer until all heated through, about 10 min.
- Serve and top with bacon pieces & green onion.