My flu fighter chicken noodle soup! Can’t wait for you to try it out!
It is snowing like crazy out here in Middle Tennessee, they say anywhere from 3-9inches, the most they have seen since 2003! The kids are loving it and honestly so are we! Cold weather always means its time to get out the crockpot and start making some delicious, healthy and easy meals. Cold weather also means flu season. Yuck! Except my crockpot broke….sooooo i still made it as easy as possible and this can all be made in one pot in about an hour!!
I am here to help anyway I can with that, so for today I’ve got a yummy chicken noodle soup with some extra flavors to help ward off those nasty colds. One secret ingredient that you may find a bit unusual but it has so many health benefits and also give some extra flavor!
Lets get started!
Check us out on YouTube! Here is a fun video tutorial for the recipe as well!
Place your 2 chicken breasts and 1 box of chicken broth into your pot, as long as it covers the chicken, if not add a little more, or some water.
Boil for about 15 minutes.
While the chicken is boiling, chop your onion, celery, carrots and garlic. After the 15 min is up dump all this in with the chicken. Now add in the other box of broth and 2 cups water. Bring back to a boil.
Now add in your spices. Let boil another 10 min and remove the chicken and shred. Put shredded chicken back into the pot. The secret ingredient TURMERIC will change the color of the chicken so don’t be alarmed!
Add in your egg noodles and cook per package instructions. As soon as the veggies and noodles are nice and tender your soup is done! Then stir in the parsley and serve it up! The chicken noodle soup alone is great for fighting colds, add in the turmeric and spice from the cayenne and there you’ve got an even better bowl of flu fighter soup!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 32oz boxes chicken broth (I chose organic, free range. It had less sodium as well)**
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves copped garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼-1/2 tsp turmeric (start with ¼ and taste test)
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ 8oz pkg egg noodles (or choice of noodle)
- small handful chopped parsley
- Start by placing chicken and one box of broth into pot. Making sure chicken is fully covered, you can add a little water if its not. Bring to a boil and boil for 15 min.
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and garlic.
- Next add in all spices, the other box of broth and 2 cups water. Bring back to a boil.
- Remove chicken, shred and add back to pot.
- Add in egg noodles and cook per pkg instructions.
- When veggies and noodles are tender stir in parsley and serve!
- You can top with more parsley.
- **You can easily add more liquid to this soup, just adjust seasonings per taste.