The smell of orange and cinnamon always makes my mouth water! These sticky rolls are sure to do the same for you! This recipe comes from an old cookbook my grandma has used over the years and I just had to try this one.
There’s something about rolling up your own cinnamon rolls that is so empowering! I always thought it was a difficult task and never wanted to attempt it, but these made me change my mind!! I can’t say it enough they are so easy. No yeast, no rise cinnamon rolls!
Like I said they are sticky! So my advice would be to take them out of the pan right away and eat them up! I had a few that I left in the pan and once they dried, they didn’t want to come out!!! So take them out of the pan as soon as you can.
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons butter
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a saucepan cook the first four ingredients for 5 minutes.
- Divide sauce evenly into muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, salt, baking powder and butter with hands until butter is evenly crumbled and distributed.
- Add milk and mix until dough forms.
- Roll out dough and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- I added a little orange zest as well.
- Roll up like a jelly roll.
- slice about ½ in thick and set on top of orange sauce in pans.
- Bake at 450 for about 10 min.