This was my very first recipe that I put together myself. I know what you are thinking….”boring!” Well one of my favorite baked goods are chocolate chip cookies! So yes, these would definitely have to be my first recipe!
I honestly could just eat the dough, I mean who doesn’t love cookie dough? Plus my husband is a true fan of these, he won’t even let me test a different way of making them…
They may not look like much , but they are sure to be eaten’ up at whatever event you bake them for!
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine butter and sugars. Add in egg and mix well. Add vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt.
- Add dry to wet. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or grease them. Spoon about 1-2in scoops of dough onto sheets. Bake 8-10 min. I always pull them out when they almost don't look quite done yet. This ensures a nice chewy cookie that will last days! Otherwise you end up having real hard crunchy ones. I guess that all depends on your own taste! Enjoy!